Bad Dog improv camps
School's off, fun's on.
Bad Dog camps build confidence, foster creativity, and help young people give voice
to their ideas, all in a supportive, nurturing and, above all, fun environment.
Our camps emphasize story, listening, impulse work (being spontaneous!), teamwork,
basic stagecraft, agreement, confidence and game play.
Teen & Youth Summer Camps
August 13th - August 17th
Come learn the ins and outs of improv while playing fun improv games (like the ones in Whose Line is it Anyway?) that help unlock creativity, increase confidence, and develop campers impulses & sense of play. Campers get to show off their prowess at the end of the week at a public showcase. This year's camp is paired with Bad Dog's Blockbuster Week Festival and has a cinematic, summer blockbuster theme!
The camp is designed for all levels – no experience is necessary.
Camp is divided into two age groups Youth (grades 5-8) & Teens (grades 9-12)
General break down of our camps
- 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Warm up/teambuilding games
- Morning break
- Improv workshop focusing on a number of different skills (accepting, listening, impulse, collaboration, storytelling, character, yes and..., teamwork, supoorting etc.)
- 12:00 – 1:00pm
- Please note: kids bring their own snacks and lunch – no nuts please!
- 1:00 – 4:00pm
- More improv!
- Afternoon break
- Skill development activities
- 4:00 – 5:00pm
- Optional post-camp after care where we play board games, watch movies in the theatre.
On the last day of camp we throw a pizza party for the campers and host a showcase which friends and family are invited to join.
We ask that all campers are dressed in comfortable clothing that is easy to move in (we get very active!) and have a comfortable pair of shoes (no open toe or sandals) Water bottles are also great to have so campers can stay hydrated.