Bad Dog Theatre Company is excited to announce the return of our diversity and inclusion conference! Year three of Our Cities on our Stages will take place on at CSI Bathurst on Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3 and will explore the theme of Developing the Next Generation of Leaders.
OUR CITIES ON OUR STAGES SCHEDULE
10:30 Coffee & Check-in
11:00 Day One Welcome
11:10 Institutions Panel
Panelists will discuss challenges and successes they have faced in the last year, and offer their reflections on this year’s theme.
12:00 Breakout Groups
Symposium participants will discuss the question of Developing the Next Generation of Leaders in small groups lead by our Grassroots Panelists
12:45 Panago Pizza Lunch
1:30-2:30 Grassroots Panel
Independent producers from across Toronto will help present ideas brought forth in the morning's breakout groups, and will discuss their own experiences as producers, performers, and emerging leaders in the community. Panelists include: Ophira Calof (All Access Sketch), Anasimone George (Shade), Nelu Handa (Yas Kween), Tom Hearn (Kinsey Fail), Sheila Neysmith (Boom Baby Boom), and Alia Rasul (Humans of Improv).
2:45 Day One Workshops
• The Indie Marketer's Toolkit with Victoria Laberge
- Trying to build an audience on a shoestring budget? Sex T-Rex's publicist will help you sell a show using tools available to everyone and innovative DIY hacks.
• Facilitating Intimacy on Stage with Siobhan Richardson
- Learn how to guide your performers to higher (and safer) heights of connectivity in this intamicy director's workshop.
• An Insider's Guide to Grant Writing with Leah-Simone Bowen
- Daunted by the idea of grant applications? TAC's Leah-Simone Bowen will familiarize you with the process!
4pm End of Day Remarks
11:00 Coffee & Check-In
11:15 Day Two Welcome
11:30 Day Two Workshops
• Finding Your Teaching Philosophy with Peter Stevens
- Elephant Empire's mastermind will help you hone in on your specific teaching style & guide you to more meaningful lesson planning
• Best Practises for Self Care On and Off Stage with Hayley Kellett
- Navigating interpersonal dynamics and your own needs on stage, in class, and within a troupe can be challenging. Making Box Theatre's Hayley Kellett will share tips for how to make these moments feel more comfortable.
12:30 Lunch Break
1:30 Design Jam
Led by instructors and inclusion experts, this Design Jam will help improv teachers address accommodation in the classroom. A hands-on, practical guide to creating accessible learning environments with a focus on reimagining familiar warm-ups and exercises in a more inclusive light.
3:45 Closing Remarks