THE $5 FOR 5 PLEDGE
Bad Dog is a non-profit arts organization (registered charitable number: 119214435RR0001) and we rely on our Community of Donors to support us.
This Tuesday we're asking you for a pledge of $5 a month to help kick off our new five year growth plan. $5 a month, $60 a year. Even a small donation like this one will make a huge difference towards making our dreams for Bad Dog’s next exciting chapter achievable.
IN FIVE YEARS TIME
We are growing.
In the last 5 years we have:
- gone from producing shows two nights a week as a resident rental company at Comedy Bar to operating our own venue (including a bar!), presenting live comedy and performance seven days a week
- been named Toronto's Best Small Theatre Company in NOW Magazine’s 2017 Reader’s Choice Awards
- won the Outstanding Sketch/Improv Performance award at the 2016 MyTheatre Awards
- been highlighted as a Best of Toronto attraction by Toronto Life magazine
- quadrupled the number of classes offered by our adult Academy
- created Inclusion, Diversity & anti-harassment initiatives that have been models for improv companies all over the world
- been awarded 2 project grants by the Toronto Arts Council and a COMPASS grant by the Ontario Arts Council
- produced 3 shows with the Toronto Fringe, participated in the juried Next Stage and Rhubarb Festivals alongside our scripted counterparts
- hosted 5 international improv festivals and welcomed improvisers from around the globe to our stage
- given out Academy scholarships to marginalized adults and youth in the GTA
- created over 45 new improv shows
- had thousands of people come through our doors.
None of this would have been possible without you.
This year, we will celebrate 35 years of producing unscripted comedy and improvised theatre in Toronto. We have big plans for the next five years. We want to pay our staff, performers, and faculty fair, competitive wages for the beautiful work they do. We want an accessible venue. We want to encourage artistic and social development by developing our Inclusion program. We want to replace the butt-to-butt urinals in our universal washrooms. We want to expand our theatrical offerings. We want to build a community hub where the exchange of artistic ideas flourish. We want to make even more people laugh.
We want to show North America that Bad Dog is the place for improv.
None of this will be possible without you.
Sign up to donate monthLY to the Bad Dog Theatre Company.
If you would prefer to make a one time donation you can do so here.