For fifteen years, Toronto's top teams of improvisers have come together to do unscripted comedic battle at Bad Dog... warming the cold, dark winter with red hot laughs. Who will be the next to hoist Globehead in victory?
2017 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3 - 8pm
The Administrators (Lisa Amerongen, Stephanie Malek & Jess Bryson)
The Betty’s (Tricia Black, Caitlin English & Tom Hearn)
Cold Cuts (Geoffrey Cork, Martha Stortz, Gord Neill & Spencer Thompson)
TwoSon (Jackie Twomey & Devon Henderson)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4 - 8pm
The Bloody Mary’s (Leigh Cameron & Kirsten Rasmussen)
Hughes, Cann & Associates (Ryan Hughes & Bridget Cann)
Macro Neato (Daphney Joseph, Chelsea Larkin, Chris Leveille, Eric Miinch & Ashley Seaman)
MTCIP ft. MCP (AJ Vaage, Conor Holler & Nicole Passmore)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10 - 8pm
Classic Humans (Samantha Chaulk, Justin D'Angelo, Robbie Grant, Andy Perun & Jenn Ferris)
Les Improbables (Florian François, Mathieu St Laurent, Daphney Joseph, Sonia D'Amico & Katherine Brulotte-Barr)
Odin's Song (Alice Moran, Liz Johnston, Dan Jeannotte, Conor Bradbury & Alastair Forbes)
Prom King (Alice Stratford-Kurus, Callum Wratten & Hans Krause)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH - 8pm
Brown Reign (Kris Siddiqi, Nelu Handa & Nigel Downer)
Garfield Minus Garfield Plus Even More Jon (Matt McCready, Mark Little, Natalie Metcalfe & Lisa Gilroy)
Common Folk Comedy (Clare McConnell, Sam Roulston, Ryan Sheedy & Andrea Marston)
The Vodka Stingers (Kevin Frank, Nicky Nasrallah, Guy Bradford, Blair Wood & Christina Nicolaou)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH - 8pm
A2Z (Anesti Danelis & Zohaib Khan)
Camp WiJiTich (Chris Middleton, Winter Tekenos-Levy, Tim Blair, Jonny Lebeau & Hannah Gallant)
The Professional Actors (Gavin Williams & Christy Bruce)
YOUR KIDS (Nadine Djoury, Kevin Vidal & Christian Smith)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18TH - 8pm
The Coincidence Men (Marcel St. Pierre, Gord Oxley, Kerry Griffin, Ralph MacLeod & Rob Hawke)
Corey Matthews (Alessandra Vite, Allana Reoch, Ted Hambly)
Don’t Do That (Justin Collette, Alex Kolanko & Connor Low)
The Purdy-Hughes Family (Beth Dunn, Sam Loeb & Talal Itani)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24 - 8pm
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25 - 8pm
Hosted by Alastair Forbes & Coko Galore ft. Special Guest Judges.
Meet the Teams!
What is Globehead?
Globehead is Bad Dog’s annual shortform improv tournament, now in its 15th year. It runs Fridays and Saturdays in February at 8pm. 24 teams enter, 6 advance to the semi-finals, 3 move on to the finals… and one team is crowned, earning bragging rights for a year and the chance to hoist a truly ridiculous trophy in victory.
Who can play?
Anyone can submit a team. Teams may have no more than 5 players. Players can only be on one team in the tournament.
How does a night of play work?
- Four teams compete on each of the preliminary nights... and only one moves on to the semi-finals from each preliminary night.
- Our hosts welcome the audience, set up the night & introduce the "celebrity" judge.
Each night features two head-to-head matches followed by a sudden-death elimination round.
How does a head-to-head match work?
- Our hosts introduce the two teams facing each other.
- Team captains are called to the stage for a "coin toss" - a silly improv game or challenge to determine which team will go first.
- Each match consists of three rounds. Scenes tend to be about 2-5 minutes long. (Each team plays three scenes in total.)
- Two of the rounds are totally open: play any way you like - open scenes, classic games, new handles, anything goes. One of the rounds features a hosts' challenge to both teams. Something like: "scenes inspired by snow" or "must have an action sequence" or "use the audience in your scene"... but again, it's totally up to the teams how they take on the challenge.
- Scenes are judged by a combination of audience votes (5 points) and by a "celebrity" judge (5 points).
And what’s this sudden-death elimination all about?
To determine who will advance to the semi-finals on February 24th, the winners of each match play one scene/game at the end of the night. The audience chooses which team moves on.